Thursday, June 5, 2008

Hello World..

Hi...it's hard to start a blog. I feel like I'm writing to no one b/c no body knows this exists yet. Well, I'll just jump in! I'm about to get a Cochlear Implant. Yup, they are going to put this thing in my head and I'm actually very excited about it. My surgery is scheduled for July 22nd! I'm getting my right ear implanted. I'm struggling with some serious stuff...like choosing to change my name to Jamie Sommers or Seven of Nine. If you have any advice let me know!

Seriously though...I've met some great people along the way. Susan (My Journey to Sound) you are wonderful and thank you for all your help and your friendship. I got to meet Laurie last night (My Dance with Sound) and she is a doll and has BILATERAL implants. She's so cool. She encouraged me to make a blog. I am looking forward to getting to know some more people. So, please introduce yourself! I’m also making this blog for friends and family members. I'll be sure to tell you more about me and my life as a hearing impaired person. My next post will be long...really long. However, I need to figure out how to work this blogging business!

Be back soon!

5 comments:

Laurie said...

Congratulations! You are off to a good start! Can't wait to hear more!

Anonymous said...

Hi Karen, I'm a friend of Laurie too. Will see her at the HLAA Conv in Reno !!! Best wishes on your upcoming C I surgery. Waiting is the hardest. Stay busy. Time will go by faster. Also keep expectation very low. I think that helps the adjustment or relearning period. I am bilateral. Love it, love it, love it!!!! HUGS, Molly CC from FL, ---N22 4/95 and Freedom 2/06

Sam said...

Welcome to the bloggie world!! I have a blog but not a CI (do have hearing aids though!)

Do come and visit when you have a spare moment!1

Cyborg Queen said...

Thanks to Laurie, I know you exist!

I wish you BEST of luck, and will be thinking of you on July 22.

I got my left implanted on Jan 10th, then I got implanted in my right May 15th. It's just that good that I had to have two. LOL!

I wish you best of luck!
Here's some word of advice - Make sure you take pictures! Some people are suckers for pictures (like me!), and maybe an activation day video.

That's about it! Welcome to the Blogging world.

Abbie said...

Karen,

Welcome to the wonderful world of bloggin'! I'll be looking forward to reading anything and everything you have to say :)