Monday, July 7, 2008

I'm baaaaaack!!!

Yes! I’m back from my mini-vacation.

My husband and I had a blast. We are tired though. VERY tired. I think it means we are OLD! Very OLD. Well, I am anyway. I’m older than him. –sigh-.

We got there late Thursday night. I actually stayed at my best friend’s house. Her name is Katie and she’s wonderful. We’ve been friends since 6th grade! Can you believe that? That’s a long time. Seriously! We could write a book about our lives they are just full of stories…some funny, some sad and some scary but it would make an interesting book to say the least. She has a little girl named Kadyn (she’s 3 years old and her name is pronounced kay-den) and my husband is so smitten by her…probably b/c she’s the same with him. It’s cute to watch them together. We went out to eat and I wanted to sit next to her but she requested Jason…which is adorable. I have to admit though kids flock to him…I’m not jealous or anything. Okay maybe a little. Haha.

Friday night we spent the day at my Mom’s house. We shot of fireworks…illegally since they are illegal in GA but it was fun. I love being a rebel!!!! We all had so many fireworks it was crazy. Nobody caught on fire, no fatalities although there was a close one but disaster was adverted thanks to a firework going off and hitting the TREE. If it had not hit the tree then it would have hit the back porch where all the other fireworks happen to be…Oh and everyone who was watching happened to be sitting there too. I was just more worried about the fireworks! ::Grin::

Saturday we took it easy and hung out with Katie and Kadyn. We went to a Go-Cart track and rode those where someone (named Katie) caused me to hit the side rail and crash. I was turned in the opposite direction so one of the guys who worked there had to run over and face the go-cart in the correct direction. There is no reverse. Then we made Tacos for dinner! YUM. I invited my niece and her boyfriend to come over (and it wasn’t even my house) and they brought a friend. We played games and had a lot of fun.

Sunday we went to Six Flags! Yes, we sure did. It was GREAT and there were not a lot of people there at all it was crazy. The first hour or so we were able to ride four rides. It was incredible. Then it rained for about 2 hours. We left the park got some food then went back and the sun was out the rest of the day. It was great. My husband had never been on a roller coaster before so that made the day interesting. I must say that he does NOT care for roller coasters. He rode two of them (serious roller coasters) and it made him dizzy. I know the second one was rough and I shouldn’t have put him on it but I did…and that was the end of that. OOPS! I didn’t even care for that one. I have to admit I’m older…so my love for roller coasters has diminished. I still rode them all but I realize that I’m not going to live forever and kept thinking I was going to fall to my death. Thankfully I didn’t. I’m still alive! Whew! I will try to post some pictures of the rides tomorrow. Right now I’m beat and just want to get this up before I go to bed. I plan on going to bed early….I’m laughing b/c that never happens! Why God? WHY?

I must admit that I’ve been looking forward to my mini vacation for weeks. It was a “marker” for me. I knew that once I came back from my vacation that the surgery would be right around the corner and it is! The reality that it’s close is starting to set in. It is two weeks away. TWO weeks people! HELLO?! Part of me is getting a little nervous when I think about it…but I keep remembering they are going to give me drugs after the surgery and I relax a little.

I’m hoping to meet with Susan and Laurie ONE more time before my surgery. I think talking with them and hanging out with them reminds me why I’m doing this…they do SO WELL with the implant. So, I think that will help as well.

I’m going to go try the whole get to bed early thing…GOODNIGHT!

3 comments:

Abbie said...

Welcome back and you seem like you are going to be well rested after a good nights sleep :) Does this mean that there might be a bunch of little Kayden's running around soon :)

Shari said...

Hey, keeping yourself busy to keep your mind off the you-know-what next week? That's what I'm trying to do, except that I keep looking up blogs about CIs. How does that tell you what a fine job I'm doing keeping my mind off of it? LOL.

elizabeth said...

Best of luck with your upcoming surgery!

I hope you'll consider adding your blog to the aggregator at Deaf Village (www.deafvillage.com)