Friday, July 25, 2008

PICTURES: Graphic!!!! Look at your own risk!

I do have chubby cheeks but not that chubby! This is a good look at bruise behind my ear and you can see it on my neck as well if you look closely enough.
This is a picture after I took a shower. I was nervous to take a shower b/c I was scared to brush my hair. Let's just say I did it all very carefully. There are staples on the top of my head and then there are stitches behind my ear.


This is the wonderful ear bra they put on. It was on so tight that I have a knot on my forhead. No kidding. Plus the knot is still there. I was so glad to take that thing off. I wanted to take it off earlier but my husband wouldn't let me. He did however let me take it off 30 minutes before I was supposed to. What a rebel. :-) You may notice the bandage on my face and the stitches in another picture. Since I was already going under the knife I asked Dr. Merwin to remove a mole and he did. I asked for liposuction too but he said no. A girl can dream. :-) Haha.




5 comments:

Shari said...

Hey Karen,

Brave girl to post pictures. I'll have to find a way to upload the pixs. Easy Share isn't very cooperative. Sighs.

Glad you are doing okay. Will have to post an update soon. Still pretty tired, but soooo glad the head bra is off, too. I showered and got all the goop off my hair. Ugh.

Take care.

Jennifer Bruno Conde said...

Karen, Wow! So THAT'S what an ear bra is. My stepdaughter, Amanda only had a bandage on for a day. I keep hearing about ear bras but had never seen one. Thanks for posting the photo. Hope you're feeling okay. Check out my website for Amanda.
http://jenniferbrunoconde.blogspot.com/
Jennifer

katie said...

Wow karen...i'm hurting all the way over here!!! hey to bad about the lipo huh...that would have been cool!

I love you ..keep being strong and hug jason for me for taking such good care of you!!!

Jennifer said...

Yeouch...that incision looks painful! I was very lucky that my doc likes tiny, tiny incisions...he and I are in agreement on that. Hopefully the pain is getting better now. I had a lot of bruising and swelling too...I hated my pictures because my face looked so icky and puffy!
Thanks for sharing the pictures...I love seeing how different docs work and I always thought it was good to share with people that might be interested in having it done themselves on down the road. You have done such a great job documenting this...I just love your blog! :)

Abbie said...

Eee-gads! Ouch! What is with the surge of using staples in the head? Ouchies Karen! I guess your doctor is not a fan of the minimally invasive technique. I didn't get that ear bra. I got the simple gauze and bandage wrapped several times. It look like I had a third boob hanging out of my ear. Like yours :)

However, I must say that it looks pretty good and clean. It will feel numb for a while but I am glad to see that you are moving around and much chipper! This is the Karen we know and love!