Monday, July 28, 2008

Post Op Dr's appt.

Hey Everyone,

I saw Dr. Merwin this morning. I was brought into the room and the assistant put a napkin over my shoulder and grabbed some supplies and I was thinking "They are going to pull the stitches/staples out so soon"? I was so excited though.The paper said 10-14 days and it's only be 6 days but they acted like they were anyway. Dr. Merwin comes in and looks at it and says everything looks GREAT! Then he says come back next Monday and will take everything out. BUMMER. So, he did take the stitches out under my chin for the mole I asked him to remove. Oh, well. My happiness didn't last too long. He asked me if I was still taking my pain meds and I said no. I didn't like how they made me feel and just wanted to stick with Tylenol. I was only there for a short time. My throat isn't hurting as much just when I eat but I've had horrible acid reflux and got some meds for that at the store after my appt.

I planned on going to work next Monday but my stitches/staples are coming out then so I will go to work on Wednesday if I feel up to it. Hopefully I will. I am having some struggles with anxiety but I'm just trying to take it one day at a time.

Thank you all for your encouragement. It means a lot.

3 comments:

Liz said...

Karen,

I am very happy to hear everything looked GREAT today. I know it's been a hard recovery but you are doing great. Any surgery requires time to recover and you didn't just have any surgery.Try and get some rest. You need it. Also, I am sorry about the reflux. I hope the tips I gave you on what to avoid will help you.

Love,

Liz

Shari said...

I had the sore throat right away It went away on the third day after, I think. I just saw my ENT yesterday and he took the stitches out. Seven days. He was happy with how the incision was healing and that I had to keep applying ointment for two more days.

I am feeling more and more like myself, however I still have the phlegm build-up in the back of my throat. Don't know if this is part of the healing process.

I hope you are feeling better.

Abbie said...

Just take it one day at a time, every single day...

Today you get your staples out! :)