Friday, July 25, 2008

Thankful

Hey Everyone,

I hope all is going well. It has been 3 days since my surgery. I'm in good spirits. I just wish I was feeling A LOT better by now. That's okay though. I'm not freaking out or anything. I have a lot to be thankful for.

I've already mentioned how wonderful my husband is! Haha. That has not changed at all. He's taken such great care of me and I couldn't be more thankful for him.

I must say that I feel like I have met two of the best people in the world. I am so thankful for this experience alone b/c it lead me to know Laurie and Susan. They are amazing people and have truly ministered to me from the beginning when I thought about getting the implant. So, Ladies if you read this please know there is nothing I wouldn't do for you. Our friendship came due to the implant but that's not all it's about and I love that. I thank you both from the bottom of my heart for all you done for me. I wish I could say more than "thanks".

Susan and Laurie went to the hospital and sat with Jason and his Dad. I know they appreciated the company. I didn't want my husband to just sit there all by himself. I never got to see anyone after the surgery though. I was pretty out of it and had to stay in recovery longer than necessary. I don't remember waking up but my husband was brought back there to put my hearing aid in b/c the nurses were trying to talk to me and I couldn't keep my eyes open to read their lips. All I wanted was water. They wouldn't give it to me b/c they thought I was going to throw up. They put the tube down my throat so my mouth was just so dry. It is still extremely dry and I've been drinking tons of water and nothing seems to help.

I still have the terrible tinnitus and the pressure behind my head which is highly annoying....but life goes on. :-)

I am feeling better each day but the recovery seems to be slow. I'm sure I'll get there eventually.

I also want to thank my fellow bloggers for their support and encouragement. I appreciate it more than words can say. Plus my family. I know my Mom was worried about the surgery at least that part is over with! I've been through several surgeries but this one takes the cake. Haha. My sister Liz has been wonderful as well. They will be coming down for my activation and I'm excited. I know by then I should be feeling tons better and it will be nice to see them.

As I said I have a lot to be thankful for. :-)


2 comments:

Jennifer said...

Karen...three days post-surgery was the worst day for me...so don't worry that you're not feeling as good as you hoped by this point. When I had my first surgery I texted my friend Joyce in a panic on Day 3 and said, "I feel worse!" and she reassured me that that was normal. The swelling and pain and tiredness just gets overwhelming. It gets better from this point out!
Laurie is an angel...you are so lucky to have her there with you. She was such a great cheerleader for me through both of my surgeries and I have no doubts that if she lived closer she would be at my next surgery waiting on me hand and foot when I woke up! :)
Hang in there...the painful part is over...now the adventure starts! :)

Abbie said...

Oh day three to five was the worst of the week for me. I was not a happy person at all. I think its from the drugs finally getting out of your system and your body coming down from a high that it was finally done. Laurie and Susan are doing what Jennifer did for me. It is amazing to have a wonderful cheerleaders at your side. Things will get better, in a weeks time you will feel like nothing happened!